Attorney Fighting Child Abuse Charges

Jonathan A. Gladstone

If you have been accused of child abuse, you may feel like you are having a nightmare that you cannot wake up from. Your abilities as a parent are being challenged. Your children may be taken away from you, or perhaps they have already been removed from your home. You could face fines and time between bars. You are dealing with police, prosecutors, investigators from Maryland's Department of Social Services and more.

Thankfully, you do not need to take this on by yourself. You can enlist an attorney, but you want to make certain it is someone who is skilled at these unique cases. At the Law Offices of Jonathan Gladstone in Annapolis and Glen Burnie, we are well-versed in the two components of these cases: the criminal defense component and the Social Services administrative law component. This is critical, and a typical criminal defense attorney may not be prepared for both sides of these cases. We are, and we are prepared to protect your parental rights.

Were You Falsely Accused of Child Abuse?

In cases involving child abuse charges, a lawyer must take great care to investigate where the case originated. We know that false allegations are often made in these cases, particularly when they arise in the context of a divorce or child custody dispute. One parent may accuse the other of abusing or neglecting the child in an attempt to gain the upper hand in the family law case. If this was the case, we will make certain these ulterior motives come to light.

Take Immediate Action to Fight Child Abuse Allegations

We encourage you to get in touch with us as soon as you become aware that someone has accused you of neglecting or abusing your child. Even if criminal charges have not been filed at this point, you should contact us because our early intervention may prevent charges from being filed. We will move quickly to protect your rights.

Free Consultation About Child Abuse Charges

Have you been accused of child neglect or abuse? Call our legal team today at 410-777-8228 or send us an e-mail.